Discuss Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupbo

PMSL,plastic surgery is a skill homebase fitters must possess ,what a mess

Re: Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupbo

Homebase = Rubbish. They let me down consistantly everytime I deal with them.

Any pics of the new bathroom, whats the finish like?

probably some guy who isnt a plumber but more a jobbing tradesman or multi trade as they call it these days i tend to call them inept t***s !!

thats a good term have to remember that lol.

probably some guy who isnt a plumber but more a jobbing tradesman or multi trade as they call it these days i tend to call them inept t***s !!

Now whilst I don't claim to be an expert plumber, the amount of dodgy installs that I see (currently doing reactive maintenance) it's unbelievable! Especially the amount of silicone that I find where it just isn't needed (between pans and cisterns is a common one) or ptfe tape on the thread of waste traps!

Isn't Danny in Kent? If you end up looking for a pro to do it and he's got some spare time he's your man.

I couldn't read all the comments, i only say i hope they didn't charge any money for that work, to be honest i have seen better quality DIY than that :willy_nilly:professional job!

[video=youtube_share;e4q2G4jGaKg]http://youtu.be/e4q2G4jGaKg[/video]
if you liked the push fit plastic check this out for comedy installation by so called installers

thats very solid.....not. i've fitted toilets like that. without any cistern to wall holes, the only fitting holes were on the base of the pan. i must add that my installations weren't anywhere near as loose as that lol.

I wouldn't rock it too much or you might find yourself using a bucket :lol:

That is seriously bad installation work. Get them back to it.

No toilet should be directly fixed through laminate flooring to allow for expansion of the flooring. The laminate must be cut round the shape of the toilet and a 10mm expansion gap left. The toilet must be secured with non corroding fixxings. I use either M8 Stainless Steel coach bolts or size 10 x 75mm Stainless Steel screws, both are capped with a decorative cover and the toilet NEVER moves. No need for silicone on a toilet, it only hinders removal if the waste gets blocked and the toilet has to be taken out. It looks like your toilet was fixed with silicone only and a very small amount.

Get a real plumber in to fix it, I'm sure that a forum member will be only too glad to pop round.

2 minute job yea? shocking!!

i feel bad for u nick, thats unreal... you pay money for some pride and joy,a nice lookin bathroom and u get this.. horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does This Look right it has been installed by homebase ?? its in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My family and I live in a bungalow, we have lived there for nearly five years. The property was built in 1964. I want to turn off the water supply...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system...
Replies
Views
Hi. Please can anyone help. My mum has just sent me this video of her airing cupboard. She had put the imersion heater on to warm the water for a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock