Search the forum,

Discuss Divertor valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Hello everyone. On all new modern boilers is the divertor valve on the return? If so could someone please explain why because I thought if the divertor valve was on the return then if someone opened a hot tap the boiler would have to fire flow all the way though the heating circuit then in the divertor valve though the 2nd heat ex then you would eventually get hot water from your tap? Would it not be quicker to put the valve on the flow so hot water could get to the 2nd heat ex quicker and therefore not have to wait ages to get hot water from your tap? Any answers would be great thank you.

When the diverter moves the ch water stays within the boiler pipework. not sure if im allowed to go into great detail sorry. if you wait ages to get water from the tap its either a long hw piperun or a rubbish boiler.

Are you a student, the textbook will explain the answer to this mate

Yeah plate heat exchangers. If the valves on the flow then how come its so quick when you turn a tap on and it gets warm if the water has to go all the way through the boiler though the heating pipe work back to the boiler though the valve then though the heat ex then heat the mains water up then go from the heat ex to the draw off ha all that and it only takes a few seconds to get hot? All I want to know is how? Haha

If the divirtor valve is in the return as apposed to flow why would it not go though the heating circuit before the 2nd plate heat ex? If it was on the flow then I would understand because it would be before the heating circuit.

it doesnt go through heating pipework tho does it , the heat transfer is through plate to plate , think about it , plate to plates are honeycombed inside and pre heated water transfers heat to the cold incoming mains water which then very rapidly becomes hot . get it !!

I know that! The HEATING water has to go from the boiler all the way though the heating circuit back to the boiler then though the valve then though the heat ex then Pass the heat though to the mains cold water which then heats up then goes to the hot draw off. So why is the valve on the return?

I know that! The HEATING water has to go from the boiler all the way though the heating circuit back to the boiler then though the valve then though the heat ex then Pass the heat though to the mains cold water which then heats up then goes to the hot draw off. So why is the valve on the return?

ahhhhhhhhhhh no wrong wrong wrong !!!!!
whys it going out to the heat circuit?????
get your books back out

If the divirtor valve is in the return as apposed to flow why would it not go though the heating circuit before the 2nd plate heat ex? If it was on the flow then I would understand because it would be before the heating circuit.

Because the diverter has stopped the flow of water around the heating. doesnt matter where it is if it diverts the water around the plate its prevented it from going around the heating (diverting).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so it justs stops the heating flow then bypass it via the heat ex near the flow?

Don't the vaillant ecotech plus have the divirtor valves on the return?

Yes but I don't intend to do any works on boilers without the supervision of a gas safe registered engineer and I'm aware of the forum rules.

Right side cause you have the flow,DHW,gas,cold inlet,return then the prv and condensate and its on the return the valve has like a black head with a little pin inside.

Just look at the schematic of the boilers parts in the MI's it will point oiut exactly where the diverter is

Iv just asked a question and asked for help. Half a brain? I explained to you many times I'm aware of a return and a flow but that's not the question I asked

Iv just asked a question and asked for help. Half a brain? I explained to you many times I'm aware of a return and a flow but that's not the question I asked is it knob.

Its the fact you couldnt get your head around the water not going round the heating and kept repeating yourself, weve explained as much as we can on this forum any more and well be in trouble. that choice of words is a bit strong dont you think.

Yes I apologise. But if something is situated on the return then it's only logical to assume that it will go around the heating circuit first don't you think? And I thank you for your help and perseverance lol. I'm am aware that such information on this forum is limited to GSR forum users only.

if your working on a combi tmoz then get someone to show and explain how diverter works and how the flow to heat incoming cold water works etc etc be easier for you to understand it then

Haha oh dear. I understand how a plate heat exchanger works thank you.

What make boiler are you asking about ? maybe then you could get the answer your after !

Just boilers in general but I though the valliant ecotech plus had the said valve in question on the return? Perhaps you could shed some light on this heated subject?

theirs a sticky on this site somewhere for relevant boiler MI's look for the model you require and all info you need should be somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Divertor valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock