Discuss Divertor valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Hello everyone. On all new modern boilers is the divertor valve on the return? If so could someone please explain why because I thought if the divertor valve was on the return then if someone opened a hot tap the boiler would have to fire flow all the way though the heating circuit then in the divertor valve though the 2nd heat ex then you would eventually get hot water from your tap? Would it not be quicker to put the valve on the flow so hot water could get to the 2nd heat ex quicker and therefore not have to wait ages to get hot water from your tap? Any answers would be great thank you.

Yes but I don't intend to do any works on boilers without the supervision of a gas safe registered engineer and I'm aware of the forum rules.

Right side cause you have the flow,DHW,gas,cold inlet,return then the prv and condensate and its on the return the valve has like a black head with a little pin inside.

Just look at the schematic of the boilers parts in the MI's it will point oiut exactly where the diverter is

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv just asked a question and asked for help. Half a brain? I explained to you many times I'm aware of a return and a flow but that's not the question I asked

Iv just asked a question and asked for help. Half a brain? I explained to you many times I'm aware of a return and a flow but that's not the question I asked is it knob.

Its the fact you couldnt get your head around the water not going round the heating and kept repeating yourself, weve explained as much as we can on this forum any more and well be in trouble. that choice of words is a bit strong dont you think.

Yes I apologise. But if something is situated on the return then it's only logical to assume that it will go around the heating circuit first don't you think? And I thank you for your help and perseverance lol. I'm am aware that such information on this forum is limited to GSR forum users only.

if your working on a combi tmoz then get someone to show and explain how diverter works and how the flow to heat incoming cold water works etc etc be easier for you to understand it then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Divertor valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock