Search the forum,

Discuss Digital showers which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJSully

Hello Everyone,

I really could use some help. Although some of my questions you may have already answered for other people I would really appreciate any answers, advice or tips..

My name is Jay, and I have a severe disability that consequently makes me electric wheelchair bound/unable to walk.

I have currently purchased a property. However unfortunately for the past 6 months I haven't been able to live in it as the bathroom has not been adapted for a disabled person. Building work will start in June and I have now started to look at shower systems and shower heads.

I am going to go for a digital smart shower system a two output so that I can have a rainfall overhead shower that is suspended from the bathroom ceiling as it is easy for my disability and a handheld shower head.

I visited various companies around where I will be living in Hampshire as my current residency Bucks does not have many suppliers.

The systems that I am interested in are;

-Aqualisa Rise digital
I visited Grand Designs over the weekend and they gave me a 50% off the shower control and processor system with an additional 30% off shower heads.

I don't particularly like the rise Digital as the control looks a bit like a cheap power shower, however the processor is meant to be good.

-Aqualisa Fina
The agent from Grand Designs, I am dealing with has also allowed me to have 50% off the new range the same deal as the older range.

I do like the controls for this as you have a temperature and a water flow regulator two buttons.

-Hansgrohe
I've visited a shop yesterday and the Hansgrohe Select Range looks good with an easy to use shower control with two buttons and a processor that they call the I-Box.

Apparently this is a great product with German engineering. The shower heads are pricey on this but as a ball-park figure I can get a set for around £950 although the overhead shower head is small (30cm).

-Grohe
I've visited another shop yesterday and the rep is the main supplier for Grohe. He said he can get me any overhead shower head size. The range is called F-Digital. I am not sure if we are going to need two controls or if they can do a control with four buttons including the water flow control. Also I am also not sure what the processor is like.

-Mira Vision Dual
I have not heard much about the system what I was told it wasn't that bad although it has a digital control that looks fancy I don't know anything about the processor.

-Almar
I know this is an Italian brand but I cannot find it in the UK and it looks like they only do overhead shower heads.

-Dornbracht
I know this brand do a overhead shower but I am not sure if they do the digital processor.

-CrossWater
I have looked in depth at the system and despite quite a fancy Digital display control I think it's overpriced and I very much doubt I will be going for that.

Has anyone had any interaction with any of the Systems, reviews, troubles etc?

Is it worth having a water flow control or is it just an added product that I would end up not using?

Are the processors the same i.e Do they monitor fluctuations? Do they give the same pressure output? Do they filter water?

What do you think about mix and matching products for example the processor and control from Aqualisa and the shower heads from Hansgrohe?

My boiler is a combi-boiler : Valiant ecoTEC pro 28. Will this narrow down the systems I can go for?

I would not use both outputs i.e the overhead and handheld shower at the same time.

I appreciate all feedback, I did not know that taking a shower would be so complex

Kind regards,

JJSully

Aqualisa all day for me.
As long as it's fitted as per instructions there quality and build is really good.
But a very under appreciated factor is after care customer service and aqualisa are second to non in my opinion.

Aqualisa all day for me.
As long as it's fitted as per instructions there quality and build is really good.
But a very under appreciated factor is after care customer service and aqualisa are second to non in my opinion.

As long as you have a proof of purchase their 5 year guarantee is spot on....

Aqualisa for product reliability, use ability, efficiency, made in uk, excellent warranty, spare parts, back up. Make sure it is specified and installed correctly preferably by an aqualisa approved installer from the web site.

Aqualisa from me too. They will stock spares for any shower for 25 years! They have an amazing back up service and the factory in Kent is amazing. I personally fit the visage digital range for my customers. Easy to install and as the controls can be put anywhere it may be of benefit to you. Plus the visage range offers an additional on switch which you can have positioned pretty much anywhere in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital showers which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock