Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss decent 3 way 7 day programmers... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good morning chaps, could anyone recommend a good one of the above for me? Also, I am looking at 2 wireless room stats to go with the system, can you get this in a package that comes with just one receiver or do I need to buy 2 separate ones. And again, can you recommend any.

Cheers chaps

I fitted a Horstmann unit at my parents' house a good few years ago. It's never missed a beat.

I don't think you can have 2 RF stats on one receiver, can you?

Horstmann for me also.

If you set the frequency (via the dipp switches) to that of the receiver the you can use two (or any number) of stats.

So horstmann programmer and horstmann wireless stat and receiver? And I will only need to buy one receiver then?

Where do you get horstmann gear? Williams & Co?

I am looking at 2 wireless room stats to go with the system, can you get this in a package that comes with just one receiver or do I need to buy 2 separate ones.
If both stats are talking to the same receiver, what happens if one stat says "turn boiler OFF" and the other stat says "turn boiler ON"???

My interpretation of the requirement was to have either stat turn the boiler on. As you've pointed out, if either stat is calling then the boiler will remain on.

My interpretation of the requirement was to have either stat turn the boiler on. As you've pointed out, if either stat is calling then the boiler will remain on.
That's OK, so far as it goes, but two stats implies two zones with associated motorized valves - otherwise, what's the point of two stats. So you would need a separate receiver for each valve. The boiler would be controlled by the auxiliary switch on the MV.

Who knows what's behind it. I just gave my input. Could always wire it like a two way light switch.

Horseman 3 ch 7 day jobbie with two stats and mv doing switching for me!

Single channel timer for HW and a Honeywell RF pack 5 which is a 2 channel timer with 2 DT92's bound to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to decent 3 way 7 day programmers... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed...
Replies
Views
E
I recently moved into a new property which has a gas boiler and: (1) A hot water tank - this is controlled by a Hive timer programmer (all good)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock