Search the forum,

Discuss copper sulphate in pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
commission a boiler yeaterday and the pressure at gas valve was 7mb, test point I fit next to boiler 18.6mb so called manu fro new gas valve but the problem was copper sulphate (black dust) so I accept they sholdnt fit a new valve but they have said to re pipe the whole of the gas supply has this happen to anyone else

Had a blocked gauze filter on a Vaillant gas valve. Got to be honest, i cleaned filter and blasted gas through open ended to clear pipework out(safely of course!) . Never had a problem since.

Get an air compressor and blow the dust out. Disconnect appliances and meter first!

A compressor will only blow out the loose flakes. The problem is the sulphide attaches itself to the walls of the pipe and becomes loose and flakes off if the pipe is moved. Only way to totally get rid of it (for a while ) is a repipe but you could stick a sulphidation filter on before the boiler which would protect it and can be cleaned at each service.
BES sell them.

Had a blocked gauze filter on a Vaillant gas valve. Got to be honest, i cleaned filter and blasted gas through open ended to clear pipework out(safely of course!) . Never had a problem since.

Same here old vaillant gas valve blocked twice. Blew out from meter. I was going to fit a strainer onto pipe but wasn't sure if it's gas approved

Same here old vaillant gas valve blocked twice. Blew out from meter. I was going to fit a strainer onto pipe but wasn't sure if it's gas approved

A compressor will only blow out the loose flakes. The problem is the sulphide attaches itself to the walls of the pipe and becomes loose and flakes off if the pipe is moved. Only way to totally get rid of it (for a while ) is a repipe but you could stick a sulphidation filter on before the boiler which would protect it and can be cleaned at each service.
BES sell them.

Have you got a link for thrm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to copper sulphate in pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock