Discuss Continuous running toilet! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavla

I Have a problem with the toilet running water into the pan.
It is a push button flush, I have been told this could be the Flapper Valve.
Anyone else have any ideas.

regards gavin:)

yes most likely

You will need to take the cistern lid of and inspect so isolate the water to it let it drain its self and have a look inside

The part that empties the cistern to the pan is right in the middle with the outlet at the bottom

Cheers Tom,
Do you have to take the whole thing out to replace the valve?
I suppose you can get these anywhere.
gavla

Yes you do as its attached from underneath the cistern

Once you have it out take it with you to make sure you get the right one

Which manufacturer is it? Any idea? Some can be undone from inside the cistern but pushing and turning like a light bulb, some have clips on the side that release it.

Also, some newer toilets combine the overflow with the toilet flush. Check that the water is not over filling the cistern and running down into the flush.

-Neil

when you hold the arm of your float valve up does the water stop running???

Some daft woman put those blue toilet cleaning things in the cistern
I have seen them stuck under the flap before holding it open
Something to bear in mind

sometimes they just carry on syphoning for no reason , just turn off the water and wait for it to stop then turn back on if it starts again then you need to check the other answers:)

i have seen problems caused by them balloo wc tabs to Keep them out of A CISTERN

Thanks to all the replies, i am doing it this sunday and will let you all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Continuous running toilet! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock