Discuss constant use toilet flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gillian

I run a community centre and when we are very busy with special events the toilets form a queue but the cisterns do not refill quick enough between users to be flushed - is there a way to increase water into the cistern - how do motorway services or big event venues like the O2 do it? I have one set filled from the mains and one set filled from the header tank. It is the header tank side that is slowest. Can I fit a pump or have a second cistern that drops its water into the first tank after a flush so it is immediately ready to flush again? Or a cistern in two halves so it flushes one side and then the other? Do these things exist? It is important to have enough water with each flush so the drains then do not get blocked.

Yes you could fit a pump
or just better still change it to mains the same as the other one

Yes you could fit a pump
or just better still change it to mains the same as the other one

Big places like the 02 are designed so that your problem does not happen they have so many toilets per max capacity and big mains break tanks and pump sets

You say you have 2 sets which I guess is the Ladies and the Gents, how many toilets and basins in each room? Any room above for tanks? Also registering as a member helps.

Last edited:
Re the tank fed cistern.

Check the orifice, (plastic thing with small hole in it), it's probably too small (1/2" X 1/8" HIGH PRESSURE BALLVALVE SEATING SEAT X 5 | eBay)

Needs to be a Red or have at least a 5mm hole in it. Ball Valve Seating Cone Low Pressure Cistern Loft Tank Float Valve* | eBay

If it's a part 2 ball cock, (Part 2 HP 1/2" High Pressure Brass Ball Cock Float Valve Ballvalve and Arm only | eBay) replace the diaphragm, it's probably gone stiff. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Ball-...202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a46282bca

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to constant use toilet flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of water when flushing. Nowday, there are what they call water saving toilets. They are not quite new in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
My cistern kept overflowing randomly was told it was probably caused by the bottom filling valve failing I purchased one and a plumber fitted it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock