Search the forum,

Discuss Confirmation needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martinhurley

Hey all. im a plumbing and heating engineer that mainly deals with installs but my mother in-laws boiler is playing up. the heating is constantly on even tho the room stat is not calling for heat. i have come to the conclusion that its the diverter valve sticking as when i tap the valve it shuts off. then when its on hw only and the hot tap goes on the heating will go on aswell and not shut off, so could this be the micro switch also?
its a baxi 80 eco.

Had the same problem in my own house

The actuator of the three way valve was sticking and providing a live to the boiler. I had a drayton valve with removable head so i took it off and played around with the actuator arm, freed it up and now its ok.

You can try this or you might need to replace it

ps im an installer too!!!!!

stuck diverter more than likely when it runs to ch is the ch demand light on?

yeah the demand light is on gas man. will i need to replace it or can it be fixed?

gasmanxxr1 ur problem sounded like its on a system, this is a combi. thanks for the reply tho!

oh ok this it what it looks like imagesCAJLWDON.jpg

its a 80 eco,if that had jammed you would get ch in dhw mode BUT not the ch demand light on,for the light to be on it needs a electrical signal any leaks near the ntc or from the main heat exchanger? you could also have a sticking flow switch

its a 80 eco,if that had jammed you would get ch in dhw mode BUT not the ch demand light on,for the light to be on it needs a electrical signal any leaks near the ntc or from the main heat exchanger? you could also have a sticking flow switch

yeah thats what i was thinking about the demand light being on. there is no leaks now but a few months ago there was a leak on that front, little nut where the plunger rod is (fixed now tho) the flow switch doesnt seem to stick, when ive tapped the valve and the ch plunger goes down the switch can be pressed and you here the click.

take the pcb out and dry it check there is no water in the houseing

its been a while since the leak. i had the cover off today and never noticed any water or dampness!

i would be looking at a pcb fault personally ,give baxi tech a bell see if they confirm it

ok gasman i will do that. thanks for your time i really appreciate it

hey gasman. i got it sorted. i took another look yesturday evening and noticed the micro switch on the dhw side wasn't de-pressing. it was constantly on hence the constant demand for heat. swapped it over this morning. thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confirmation needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW off Thermostat turned to on Heating comes on as normal, valve moved to CH position After around 20 minutes the 3 way valve moves to mid point and...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock