Discuss Condence termination problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Is it ok to terminate the condence in rain water guttering that terminates in a water drain. Cheers

It's not ideal........ Make sure you fit a tundish as seen many a flooed boiler as when down pipe blocks up it just fills boiler burner till it spews out of fan

No your not supposed to, has to be a waste water drain not rain water. Seen loads done like it though with no issues, apart from what Ermi said.

BG dont bother worryin, if your unlucky the local water company will do you for contamination, but hey more chance of being hit by a fart in a sewage farm.

Surely if its a combined system its ok? Not ideal agreed, but as long as there is an air break with tundish or hopper it would work.

Obviously if its a separate RW/foul then no no.

Surely if its a combined system its ok? Not ideal agreed, but as long as there is an air break with tundish or hopper it would work.

Obviously if its a separate RW/foul then no no.

Im with you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condence termination problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to put micro guttering on my shed but then down into a butt with normal size downpipe, how can I do it. The water butt already has hole in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
Hi will be using 12x1.6mm MLC for a project and would like to terminate into a fitting other than an UFH manifold, eg, regular 15mm copper. Can't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock