Search the forum,

Discuss Shower problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago.
But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up the rain head until surface tension is broken and water flows)
Conversely when I turn off the rain head the water runs on full flow for about 45 seconds then gradually reduces and stops after about 3 mins.

The cartridge had been replaced in the valve but the fault remains.

It is a 2 way valve , which also runs a handheld shower when the lever is moved in the opposite direction - the handheld shower works perfectly.

Any ideas anyone - thanks in advance
Anthony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 10
What supply system do you have and is it mains fed or tank fed etc ?

Anthony - it sounds like there might be an issue with air trapped in the pipes or a partial blockage affecting your rain head's performance. Since the handheld shower works fine, the problem seems isolated to the rain head path. Try running both showers simultaneously to help remove any air locks. Also, check if there's a filter in the rain head that could be clogged. If these steps don't help, it might be time to call a professional to take a closer look... Hope that helps.

Reply to Shower problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock