Search the forum,

Discuss Condence termination problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Is it ok to terminate the condence in rain water guttering that terminates in a water drain. Cheers

It's not ideal........ Make sure you fit a tundish as seen many a flooed boiler as when down pipe blocks up it just fills boiler burner till it spews out of fan

No your not supposed to, has to be a waste water drain not rain water. Seen loads done like it though with no issues, apart from what Ermi said.

BG dont bother worryin, if your unlucky the local water company will do you for contamination, but hey more chance of being hit by a fart in a sewage farm.

Surely if its a combined system its ok? Not ideal agreed, but as long as there is an air break with tundish or hopper it would work.

Obviously if its a separate RW/foul then no no.

Surely if its a combined system its ok? Not ideal agreed, but as long as there is an air break with tundish or hopper it would work.

Obviously if its a separate RW/foul then no no.

Im with you there.

∛∜∜∜∝∞∗∖∓∓√∡∢∜∕∝∝∣∣∢∛∛∛℈℁℀ℇℌℋ℄℔ℝℝ℞℗ℭℯ℧Ω℥ℤℬℲℰKℨℵ⅂⅁ⅇⅆℸℶ[emoji671][emoji671]⅞⅘⅝⅋⅜⅊⅛⅕⅛⅔ⅩⅢⅡⅠⅮⅰⅫⅫⅫↂↁↀⅿⅿⅽⅼↄↃ

∛∜∜∜∝∞∗∖∓∓√∡∢∜∕∝∝∣∣∢∛∛∛℈℁℀ℇℌℋ℄℔ℝℝ℞℗ℭℯ℧Ω℥ℤℬℲℰKℨℵ⅂⅁ⅇⅆℸℶ[emoji671][emoji671]⅞⅘⅝⅋⅜⅊⅛⅕⅛⅔ⅩⅢⅡⅠⅮⅰⅫⅫⅫↂↁↀⅿⅿⅽⅼↄↃ

My thoughts exactly.

Calculated the roughness and is 5
[emoji742][emoji809] for use of obscure emoticons.

A nice idea for terminating condense is..... drill through the nearest outside wall, poke about 2.5" of overflow pipe through, drill a hole in the back of a rainwater hopper, fix downspout to floor level just above pavement, add shoe on the bottom and bobs yer uncle. And yes I know exactly where this is, although not my work !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condence termination problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock