Discuss concrete floor getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hello again guys, i put a post on last night about oil boiler not firing thanx to everyones help problem solved, but now i have noticed something else. when the heating is on the floor in the kitchen which has one rad and a concrete floor, in one spot about 100mmx300mm is getting very warm, would anyone agree with me that there might be a leak in one of the pipes within the concrete.

Does it look damp? Are you losing system pressure or is fande losing water?

floor is not damp however it is a tiled floor with waterproof adhesive and grout but yes i have noticed the water pressure dropping, ive been checking all rads for leaks to no avail, then today standing in the kitchen i noticed this small area of the floor was warm and began to suspect a leak,left the haeting on and came back a couple of hours later the floor in that area was nearly as warm as the rads, its got to be a leak surely

Take it you don't have ufh!

Is the warm patch where the pipes run? Unfortunately the only way to be sure is to dig it up unless you can access and isolate the pipe enough to pressure test it.

do you have any spare tiles? if so remove a full tile and get digging. once you remove the tile you may see a damp patch anyways.

now thats not a bad idea, although i will still have a doorway to cross to reconnect to living room rad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concrete floor getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I am looking to replace an oldish boiler and hot tank with a combi boiler. The house dates from around 1968 and quite possibly the (copper) piping...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all I’ve got a radiator in our conservatory which appears to have been piggybacked off the plumbing from the living room rad on the floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock