Search the forum,

Discuss Additional radiator not warm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Marc fr

Hi all
I’ve got a radiator in our conservatory which appears to have been piggybacked off the plumbing from the living room rad on the floor directly above it. It was like this when we moved in, I know it’s not building regs but oh well. The problem is it’s the only one not getting hot since being changed. The boiler and unvented cylinder have both been replaced within the last year and system power flushed but still no heat. It’s hot up to the trv which has been checked on another rad and working fine, and the lock shield also fully open but cold lock shield side. The top is warm but then bottom stone cold. The rads have also been balanced but still the same. Any ideas or is it time to pay for a professional? Lol 😂. Thanks!

Reply to Additional radiator not warm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock