Discuss Commercial waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If wash basin as in washing hands then where is the grease coming from as it shouldn`t be from the prep sink. Dishwashers anywhere?

There was a large cafe in Oxford who had problems with grease building up over time so they had a connection at the start of the outlet pipe where once a month they hooked up a pressure jet washer and cleaned the pipe out because there was no room to install a grease trap. Crude but effective.

Unfortunately there isn’t really enough room to install a grease trap, despite the need. I will report back to him with all this information. Creating a cleaning port might be the only option for now

Way to long but it is what it is plenty of
rodding access points and the knowledge that from time to time there will be issues , or you address the problem and make major alterations to the drainage . Kop

My concern is one wash basin is on a branch of about 15-20m, from what I’ve read this is way too long?
Errr... if it is vented nothing is too long, just stop & think about it, 100mm below ground drains runs are often much longer.

What about using 75/82mm pipe if you think 50mm is to small?
It is all about how often the appliances discharge, for how long & what they are. The pipe shouldn't run more than 3/4 full but equally it needs to have, & maintain, a self cleaning velocity.
As the Romans found when building the grand aqueduct to feed Rome, not much new in this world !!

Last edited:

Reply to Commercial waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry if this is stupid question. We have waste water pump in our first floor flat (not sure what it is called)? It failed and wouldn't drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock