Discuss Commercial waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

SJB060685

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi guys.

As some of you here know I don’t do plumbing work, 99% of my knowledge lies within oil fired heating so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I had to attend a commercial property today (close friends family run business). Complaint was wash basin wasn’t draining water away, easy enough, a blockage somewhere. There were no inspection ports for de-blocking etc etc on a 25m ish run and after making a couple cuts into waste pipe we found that the 40mm was severely blocked with grease and fat in several places. Anyway we’ve cleared what we can and had to redo some pipework as a couple swept tees had broken which we didn’t discover till half way through.

My question is this, as it’s a commercial property what are the minimum waste sizes required for removal of water? In a house you have your standard 32mm and 40mm, this 25m run was 40mm and picked up several other waste connections along the way before discharging outside. With the amount of crap we found inside these pipes it made me think that larger waste pipes would not only get rid of the water quicker but more importantly not block up so quick. There was also a unit inline which slowly administered an anti grease forming solution, however this is clearly having no affect.

Where should this grease trap be installed. I don’t think there was one honestly. The whole run was about 30-40m with 7 wastes connecting and no sign of anything like that before it terminated outside.

Where should this grease trap be installed. I don’t think there was one honestly. The whole run was about 30-40m with 7 wastes connecting and no sign of anything like that before it terminated outside.
C`mon, read your words out loud, no point in putting it at the end of the pipe run is there, might even need more than one.

Lol, I didn’t think that through properly before talking did I. I’ve had a look at the PDF and there is nothing like that on the system at all. You’re right they probably need at least two based on what I saw today.

depends on whats being fed into it them two of them big sinks (the normal washing / prep sinks) normally 50mm for 5 of them 110mm i would want

but the grease needs to be sorted else nothing will win eg grease trap on one or two and just use them two for grease only

Thanks for the useful and funny replies. Clearly plumbing is not my area of expertise lol. There is no grease traps installed anywhere and there’s one large prep sink, three wash basins and three washing machines.

Reply to Commercial waste pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry if this is stupid question. We have waste water pump in our first floor flat (not sure what it is called)? It failed and wouldn't drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock