Discuss Combi boiler advice for 19 rads ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello
We have a large 4 bed house with 19 radiators of various sizes and one immersion tank fed shower I am thinking of converting the large airing cupboard ( 4x1 meters ) to a on-suite and I would be looking to move or do away with the tank , I am reading in various places that the combi is not going to do it with that many rads , and am wondering if that is true ? and if so does anyone have other suggestions , the on -suite shower will be electric .
thank you in advance
Bryan

Thanks for your reply , plenty of room in the loft , the hot water demand will only be for the main shower , at the moment it is only two of us , but as the oil (perhaps I should have said that in the first post , there is no gas here ) boiler is quite old we need to upgrade that first before moving on to doing the bathroom / on -suite
thank you

You'll be fine with a combi, as harvest fields says, rads aren't the issue, hot water demand is, but a high powered combi will cope with the demand from 1 bathroom and an en-suite.

Worcester, Grant, firebird, but I don't have much experience with oil to be honest with you. Some guys on here will be able to recommend better than I can so just hold on till they reply.

You'll be fine with a combi, as harvest fields says, rads aren't the issue, hot water demand is, but a high powered combi will cope with the demand from 1 bathroom and an en-suite.
I wouldn’t fit a combi in a 4 bed and most of the lads on here will probably tell you the same mate.

Reply to Combi boiler advice for 19 rads ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock