Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cold feed supply to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solarplumb

Hello,

I work for a large heating firm and have fitted many unvented cylinders for them (I am certified to fit them). However on a new job an unusual problem that I haven't come across before has come up and I have been though all my books, etc and can't find an answer. They want me to fit an unvented cylinder on the ground floor of a block of flats. They want me to take the cold feed from a storage tank on the roof which is about 25m up so pressure shouldn't be an issue, however I thought unvented cyl had to be fed off the mains. Does anyone know if I am right or wrong?

Many thanks,
Laurie King

Doesn't matter where the feed comes from. Only issue could be debris from the cold water storage cistern blocking the filters. With a 25m head you're probably going to get a better flow than a lot of cold mains.

agree with mike fit a good fillter/strainer with valves so easy to clean

Yep I've looked into this before, nothing wrong with fitting an unvented to a tank, you can even fit one to a pumped break tank in the basement if water pressure is an issue, which shouldn't be in your case with 25m head.

Many thanks for all your advice. I was hoping to get out of this one as in a right bad place. Oh well, I know what I'm doing on wednesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold feed supply to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock