Discuss cold feed pipework in garage atated to house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi will cold and hot water pipework be ok run in a garage attached to a house. The cold will be the cold feed to the house teeing of to the boiler ( boiler in the garage) and then the kitchen with the hot water pipework. Then both pipes go up into the ceiling void to supply the house. There is a bedroom above the garage. Would be lagged.

Thanks yes was just concerned about it freezing with it being the main feeds to the house. Saves a boxing in, in the kitchen. And the pipework needs to be there for the boiler too.

Shouldn't have any problems if the garage isn't to drafty and the pipes are insulated,

If your concerned about it you can always lag pipes then box them in and fill with fiberglass insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold feed pipework in garage atated to house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a house with the cold feed coming up in the kitchen. In 25mm mdpe. The boiler is in the garage adjacent. I plan on running the cold from...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB...
Replies
Views
Back