Discuss Cistern External Overflow Necessary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rsb123

The old low level WC we removed had an external overflow pipe. We'll replace with a modern close coupled with internal overflow. Can we just cut/cap off the old overflow pipe and tile over it?

IMAG0189.jpg
Thanks

yes that's not a problem just make sure you seal the outlet to deter insects from setting up home.

well if you can't find the outlet just shoot a load of silicone down when you've cut it off flush with the floor or even squirty foam

Thanks - That assumes I'm capable of finding the outlet.

it sometimes looks better to lesave the old pipe where it goes through the wall rather than remove it and patch the hole, from the outside at the moment the pipe is there and gardly noticed (well you did say you might not find it!!!!, go to the other side of the wall in the pic if its an outside wall and you will see the pipe, they always take the shortest route to outside for easiness and less pipe, simply chop the pipe near the floor fill with a bit of paper and then some silicone or tile cement when doing the floor, then pop it under the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern External Overflow Necessary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During November we have to replace a corroded cast soil pipe on the exterior wall of the 1st and 2nd floors of our 1930’s building. Fine...
Replies
Views
I own an ArmitageShanks fairly compact cistern pictured. Does anyone know the model and make? 1, Is it close-coupled only or can it be converted...
Replies
Views
My cistern kept overflowing randomly was told it was probably caused by the bottom filling valve failing I purchased one and a plumber fitted it...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock