Discuss Cheapest & Best 25KW Combi condensing Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MartinIRL

I will have to replace and old Worcester 24i boiler that is about 13 years old.

I have been looking on line for some similar spec boilers and would like to know anyone have any suggestions.

There is Worcester for about £900 but it seems very expensive.

Any Ideas

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Ideal logic plus or the independent . 24kw absolute cracker. It's not the cheap cack you expect for the money!

Cheapest or best? You can have one or the other. There are cheap boilers that are ok but they won't be the best.

Cheapest or best? You can have one or the other. There are cheap boilers that are ok but they won't be the best.

Absolutely what Millsy says ^^^^

The cheapest is not the best, and the best is not the cheapest. If you mean -"whats the best compromise between price, quality, performance, warranty and ease of installation" then try:

Ideal Logic Plus 30 (note the "plus" on the end)
Baxi Duotec HE A 33kw (not the dreaded Baxi Duotec GA)
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831
Worcester 30 Si (or upgrade to a CDI classic if you can afford it)
Glowworm Ultracom2 30 CXi
Main Elite Eco 30

main eco or baxi duotec. differnt warranty but same boiler.

They're different fella, the duotec has a gianonni heat x and the main eco and eco elite have a tombstone shaped cast aluminium jobby out of a potterton commercial boiler.

Both good, but the duotec is better and has the 7 year warranty

I'd bang in a logic + personally if you want cheap and not so rubbish

Last edited:
Cheap and best don't go. I've got a Baxi Duo-Tec it's been faultless for 6yrs. Personally I'd pay the extra for a Worcester but that's because that's all I'll fit now. Excellent boilers and good customer service if it's ever needed. The newer Worcester Compacts are very small !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheapest & Best 25KW Combi condensing Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock