Discuss Cheap plumbers from EU countries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've had basin fitted from an Egyptian plumber from Italy. He was cheap. He fixed the basin to the wall with putty like material (no bolt/nut into the wall). He fitted isolating valves (with compression joints) on plastic pipes without the insertion white hardening cylinders at the end. He never used ptft tape on any thread. He said white cylindrical hardeners and ptft taps are not necessary. Has he got a point?

20190624_165534.jpg

:D there needed for a reason the inserts

Also guess the ped was off the old one

The Egyptians managed to build the Pyramids, yet this one couldn't fit a sink for Toffee.

Some people have different interpretations of words and phrases.
To most,
Can you fit me a new sink, means complete the job so it's neat, tidy and doesn't require any additional trades to follow on.

To some, it's taken literally, eg. that sink's been fitted.

I know this is obviously a wind up but it does entertain how some people will leave things like this thinking it’s perfectly acceptable

Reminds me a little of Poe's Law Poe's law - Wikipedia

I had thought this initially a joke. However, I now ponder and find myself in mental turmoil as to the feelings of the original poster. Maybe due to the lack of a deliberate indication of jest in the original post, this is - God forbid - a real installation. Should this be the case I offer my sympathy to said poster. I do find it difficult to believe that any individual could produce such workmanship and expect a customer to be satisfied with it but as pointed out by @Harvest Fields, that belief could well be misplaced.
Looking back I think I took the 'He was cheap' comment to mean, you get what you pay for, thus indicating that the customer is seeing the installation in the same light as we do.
Perhaps @abvi could enlighten us? Is it the completed article or is it a temporary job whilst the the bathroom is done?

I had thought this initially a joke. However, I now ponder and find myself in mental turmoil as to the feelings of the original poster. Maybe due to the lack of a deliberate indication of jest in the original post, this is - God forbid - a real installation. Should this be the case I offer my sympathy to said poster. I do find it difficult to believe that any individual could produce such workmanship and expect a customer to be satisfied with it but as pointed out by @Harvest Fields, that belief could well be misplaced.
Looking back I think I took the 'He was cheap' comment to mean, you get what you pay for, thus indicating that the customer is seeing the installation in the same light as we do.
Perhaps @abvi could enlighten us? Is it the completed article or is it a temporary job whilst the the bathroom is done?
When the customer supply’s the materials and wants a cheap job?

FM he certainly didn't build the pyramids did he Town that's a flood waiting to happen for sure, incompetent is the word strip it all out and start again before your home is flooded . Kop

Yes I do. There is no other explanation. The only other place a sight like that exists is area 51.
That's why it's been top secret for so long, they cannot work out how to recreate it.
There is an undiscovered flushing bog just like this under one of the pyramids ...this guy
was the contractor ...he has been on the planet Zog for few
1000 years but came back recently in his 2cv rocket landed on the beach at Formby and came in the Kings Arms he was the
fella that told me all about Sqube years ago, off now to change the spark plugs with him.
Rob Foster

You know, what truly depresses me is that the op has the front to post this in some form of, 'OMG I was ripped off' way.

Does anyone with even a modicum of intelligence expect a great job for the price of peanut shells?

In words it would be of an offbeat nature. A picture speaks a thousand words. I must admit the supplier delivered a wrong pedestal. Nonetheless, it didn't preclude the plumber to go ahead with the instillation. Sticking the basin to the wall was on a different level, i.e. using a sticky gooey substance as a bonding agent. A combination of his skill and mental faculties were used to slip the wrong pedestal under the basin.
The aftermath, rained locally in the kitchen. As for ceiling......
As for cheap, not that cheap-slightly to left of the curve of mybuilder.com average.

I'd definitely say that this installer is in an entirely different league of his own and would be better placed as a fully paid up member of mydemolisher.com
Sorry if I hurt the wee laddies feelings, but he's burst my gut in return as I have a stomach wrenching need to barf when I look at his work.

Reply to Cheap plumbers from EU countries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
I wanted to do some work on my ensuite shower but no way to isolate it. I removed a bit of platerboard from the wall in room behond it to expose...
Replies
Views
Hi All I wonder if you could help me with a small conundrum. I was recently called to the scene of a water leak in a bathroom installation that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've only just registered on this forum and hope there is someone out there that can help. I've just dismantled an old kitchen in our house...
Replies
Views
Back