Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chasing Water Pipes into Masonry - Noise Prevention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Willmott85

Hello All,

I need to chase on both hot and cold water pipes into a masonry wall and run from ceiling to floor. There is not an option to box these pipes in.

I will chase a slot big enough so a pipe clip can be used, but is there any further noise prevention that can be used?

Wall over the top will be cement board then tiles. No joins will be in the submerged part of the wall!

I was of using expanding foam to surround the pipework and then trimming it flush to the wall before cement boarding.

Bit I do not know if this will have any adverse effects, possible even making the noise worse?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

easier to cure the source of the noise, be it water flow due to pipe restriction or clips causing hammer

Hi thanks for the replies. Firstly apologies for the horrendous English! I posted original question from phone but thats still no excuse.

Lame Plumber, I'm not expecting hammer, more just vibration from the pipes potentially against the surrounding masonry. Its a whole house pumped system so unless the pipes are well supported and no areas that they can touch, its not a problem. But given the minimal slot I want to chase, I was thinking of some additional prevention.

Greg, why do you say not to use expanding foam?

AWheating, a partition wall is not possible in this situation unfortuantely.

All i do it clip the pipes and Lag it if they are clipped good enough you won't have them banging

Hi T&H, thanks for the feedback.

I don't want to chase a slot big enough to fit pipe lagging, so thats not really an option.

Do you think pipe clips are enough?

I have not seen any around but are there specific clips for pipes that are chased into walls, or just use normal pipe clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chasing Water Pipes into Masonry - Noise Prevention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock