Search the forum,

Discuss chasing payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Did a trail days work for a company. It was agreed verbally on the phone I would be paid for this day (although naively not how much)

However my involvement with this company made me think it was run by a bunch of indecisive clowns and that there was no way i was quiting my current job to go and work for them,
so I sent them an email withdrawing my application with an invoice for the days work

I received a reply saying they were sorry to hear I had withdrawn my application and they wouldnt be paying!!

The days work went well, the task set was completed, I was told by the other engineer that they were submitting a substantial invoice to their client for the work I had done

Its only a days work, but I'm annoyed and feel ripped off, I've acted honestly, but been messed about and I want whats owed to me

Any suggestions on best way to get it

Did a trail days work for a company. It was agreed verbally on the phone I would be paid for this day (although naively not how much)

However my involvement with this company made me think it was run by a bunch of indecisive clowns and that there was no way i was quiting my current job to go and work for them,
so I sent them an email withdrawing my application with an invoice for the days work

I received a reply saying they were sorry to hear I had withdrawn my application and they wouldnt be paying!!

The days work went well, the task set was completed, I was told by the other engineer that they were submitting a substantial invoice to their client for the work I had done

Its only a days work, but I'm annoyed and feel ripped off, I've acted honestly, but been messed about and I want whats owed to me

Any suggestions on best way to get it

tell them if they dont pay you will contact the client direct and let them know the situation, and that technically you might not have been employed and therefore insured to be on their premises, might not get you any cash but it will cause them grief

tell them not to be unfair, pay me or i will bill the client direct as a subby?.

If the client payed them and you take them to court for not paying you the judge will award in your favour in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chasing payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue with plumbing. In October 2018 a plumber came to install full central heating and a unventes cylinder which was zoned to two floors (Basement and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the shelf, I built my own system using with an app building software. Think Wix/Wordpress but for apps and a lot more complicated. This worked out a lot...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be the problem and had a look at the flu which, it was evident, had been leaking water into the outer flu and back into the boiler. I chose the top rated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock