Search the forum,

Discuss Changing towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taylor01pe

Hi all,

im planning to change my towel radiator and have a couple of questions. I managed to remove the old one without draining the system as I could remove the rad but leave the rad's isolator valves (note these are from the radiator and not part of the copper piping). The problem is that I can't fit the new one without removing the old isolator valves as they are the wrong size and in the wrong place.

if I switch off my boiler will this stop the water pressure in the central heating system so I can remove the valves? Or do I need to drain the system before I can continue?

im guessing it's going to be the latter but hope someone can give me a workaround!

thanks in advance

it goes like this, drain down, have a go at it, get frustrated, have a break, have another go, ask the know all neighbour neil who changed a radiator valve in the late seventies, try again, give up.
ring plumber and tell him that the last plumber left you in this mess, but you cant remember his name or company....... good luck!

Were you waiting for the "Only the bottom half is hot question" Simon ?

No, the water is coming through my kitchen ceiling thread. :)

Sometimes the best advice is 'call a plumber'. But ajgas hit it on the nail :)

That he did but will the poster listen, that remains to be seen.

If your local to chesterfield I have a reliable you could call his name is Keith
fast and efficient always on time he fixed my towel radiator in 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as possible so there's things I want to do myself. In order to change the rad I'll have to turn off the lock shields then slowly drain the rad. The thing is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock