Discuss changing from back boiler to combi but have power shower... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madmum

Hi all, I have been offered the boiler replacement service free and had the gas company come and do a quick assessment. I was offered 2 options- combi boiler and the other I can't remember but would have taken more space. I currently have a bermuda back boiler behind the fireplace in the lounge. I decided to go for a combi as it is more compact but since the assessor left have realised that apparently you cannot use a power shower with a combi boiler and that's what I have. Is there a way round this? What would you suggest I do?I thought if I have more information then I could contact them and discuss options as I don't have a clue and not sure what to do for the best.
Thanks in advance

How many bathrooms do you have? Is your water pressure and flow decent, these should be checked before considering a combi from a tank fed system. I doubt many assessors check flow and pressure but it has to be right as you have to live with it.
Just to make sure a combi is suitable.

if your shower is on a pump which is normally located by the cylinder in the airing cupboard then it's just a case of removing the pump and piping it directly to the hot and cold from a combi. I would expect the installers to carry out this work.

if you have what looks like an electric shower that has a pump built inside it and has gravity pipework supplying it then it will be no good on a combi and need changing.

hi, I definitely have a power shower which has a pump situated under the bath.It was quite expensive. I recall the other option which was a storage boiler?
Thanks plumber0808 I just was not sure if the power shower would still be as effective if I just don't bother with the pump (bypassing it). Pressure is fine here (I think).

When they put the combi in just make sure they take the pump out and re-connect directly to the hot and cold from the boiler.

if its on the green deal they will be in and out, and the taking the pump out will be outside thier remit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changing from back boiler to combi but have power shower... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I want to swap my electric shower to a power shower. I have a 200 litre pressurised hot water tank in the loft (not a combi boiler) the hot side...
Replies
Views
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure is slightly low and they have this super duper shower but pressure is somewhat lacking. I have had...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Back