Search the forum,

Discuss changing direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeybloy

basically i have got my NVQ level 2 in domestic gas installations and a Level 2 in expanding pipework skills in plumbing. i need some advice on where to go from here and i am very insterested in fitting bathrooms (plastering and tiling also) i need some advice on how to acheive my goal by more experienced people. i want to gain experience with others before i go anywhere. has anyone been in the same position and know what do i have to do to pursue my dream?

Im not experienced either, just 4 years, but i have always thought electrical qualifications sit nicely alongside plumbing and gas. Although i havnt entered the electrical world yet

thanks for your oppinion. i just dont know where i can go from here as im just fitting white goods at the moment and always wanted to get into the trade but havent had a long shot at it due to the recession. i have fitted sinks, many radiators, showers and done a bit of maintenance to taps, ball valves etc and thought that bathroom fitting for me would be a nice direction to go?

If your earning a few quid doing what you are doing now then I would stick with it for now and try to increase your workload.
It would be so easy for you to spend lots of money gaining qualifications and get no reward for it.

If your earning a few quid doing what you are doing now then I would stick with it for now and try to increase your workload.
It would be so easy for you to spend lots of money gaining qualifications and get no reward for it.

Thanks for you reply, with my qualifications im just not sure where to go or what i can do? and i find property maintenance very interesting so thought up the bathroom idea and progress to different aspects as i go along. obviously gain experience from others before i do so.

If your young enough you could perhaps try to get with one of the big homecare insurers.
I would do that if I was fifteen years younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changing direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
I have just completed my NVQ 2 qualification but need to gain experience. I have messaged companies etc, but no reply from them. Is there any other avenues i could go? any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock