Discuss can you just replace the head on a honeywell motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi,got a job with a sticking motorised valve and was wonderin if you can just replace the head on it? its a pretty big system and can see it'll take ages to refill so dont wanna drain down if i can avoid it.

yes,provided its only the motor thats gone,or even the syncho

i dont think all honeywell valve heads are removeable, some of the older ones were fixed/sealed, and if you take the securing screws out the valve will come apart and mucho hep2o will come out

You could always freeze either side of valve, cut it out completly and install gate valves either side of complete new valves.
All of the above is good advice as well!

Swapped a few recently on the honeywells. Must of been lucky with the age.

the interchangeable heads have a slight gap between the head and body as sit on little brass studs
The older,non changeable heads have no gap and a think red flange joint..............and leak when loosened :eek:;):p

However if you do remove one by mistake and water gushes out ,that solace in the fact the opening is a perfect size for ones thumb to cover :p

The replaceable Honeywell heads have a small round lump on the metal cover - the fixed ones don't.

Blod

The replaceable Honeywell heads have a small round lump on the metal cover - the fixed ones don't.

Blod

This is the correct way to tell. No lump means change the whole valve unless u can get away with changing the sync motor only

its a pretty big system and can see it'll take ages to refill so dont wanna drain down if i can avoid it.

Hi, new to the forum. Anyway, have you never heard of "bunging it" & creating a vacume? I have an aqua vac & rarely drain a system to change a valve. Admittedly, a 28mm 1 may get the adrenalin going :eek: if it's a tight fit in the pipe-work. Who needs substances when there is adrenalin anyway

change head if casing has small lump on it , sych motor if not , last resort is bunging cos youll have 3 open ends to deal with when bungs let you down , to be totally safe drain down , dont forget youll only be draining upstairs , if house of course.

then turn gate valve off on cylinder return

3-2=1

turn all rads off

3-3 = 0 :eek::p;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can you just replace the head on a honeywell motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock