Search the forum,

Discuss Can I use PEX pipes for hot water cylinder? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

UK rules.

Can I use PEX/ PCV/ plastic pipes instead of copper, when I replace hot water cylinder?

I want to replace old Tribune model with new Megaflo, both are unvented direct cylinder.

With new unit comes combination valve and all the bits and bobs.

Can I replace existing copper pipes that goes from combination valve into cylinder (at the bottom)
Also the hot water output (on top of the cylinder).

Please advise.

are you g3 reg / qulified ?

Can I use PEX/ PCV/ plastic pipes instead of copper, when I replace hot water cylinder?

no I'm DIY.

Best get a pro / qualified person in as they need to be installed correctly

You need somebody who is g3 trained, if they are a member of a competent person scheme they can also sign off and notify building control.

Its legally not a diy job.

On a personal note I would stay clear of megaflo.

Its legally not a diy job.

On a personal note I would stay clear of megaflo.

In the end I'm fine with qualified plumber doing that work!
I'm looking for ideas / proof of concept!

What's your concern regarding megaflo?

System is unvented & direct.
I like the idea of expension vessel integrated into cylinder.
I have restricted space in cupboard.

Please advise.

In the end I'm fine with qualified plumber doing that work!
I'm looking for ideas / proof of concept!

What's your concern regarding megaflo?

System is unvented & direct.
I like the idea of expension vessel integrated into cylinder.
I have restricted space in cupboard.

Please advise.

Proof of what concept?

Megaflo overpriced for what you get. Other manufacturers do internal bubble.

Reply to Can I use PEX pipes for hot water cylinder? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock