Search the forum,

Discuss Can I replace a Grundfos 15/60 with a 25/80 - Hlep Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeh71

Hi
We have moved last year to an older house which has 25 rads and there is a Grundfos 15/60 pump in CH system. Basically not all radiators get hot when system running, there are two honeywell controllers and if downstairs is off then upstairs gets hot and vice versa, however when full system on then upstairs doesnt get that hot.

I have tried to balance the system from furthest radiator but still not helping so my question is can I replace the 15/60 with a UPS2 25/80?

Are there any complications with doing this ? I know the 25/80 is around 50mm longer but is there anything else?

Thanks for any help in advance.

open vent or sealed system?

you probably need to flush and clean out your system before swapping pumps, more likely to be clogged up, a bigger pump may just move the muck to another position

Can you not zone the radiators and a pump on each zone?

Hi
Thanks for the replies, its a sealed system.
If both upstairs and downstairs get hot when the other system is not on/calling could that still be a clogged radiator?
Thanks

could be or maybe slightly blocked flow pipe

you could try turning a few rads off down stairs and see if if a few upstarts start to get hot

and it would help / better if you put some cleaner in the system for a week or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I replace a Grundfos 15/60 with a 25/80 - Hlep Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
S
Hi i have a grundfos pump 25-50 130 p/n 59525418 radiators downstairs are cold and upstairs hot after an 1-hr 2 hrs then the downstairs gets hot i think the pump i have is too weak would would be a more powerful pump to help with this ? thanks
Replies
Views
Good afternoon we have recently had a grundfos alpha2L 15-60 130 pump fitted to our central heating system and we're experiencing an issue. Once the pump is on its working fine but for the first "cycle" in the morning the "Power on" light comes on but the pump doesn't start. I have to then...
Replies
Views
I want to replace the three 11 year old Grundfos UPS 15-60 130 pumps as a part of trying to reduce the electricity consumption of my heating/DHW system. The pumps circulate the water in i) the UFH, ii) the first floor rads and iii) the mains pressure DHW cylinder primary circuit. The Grundfos...
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock