Search the forum,

Discuss Bronze pump fitted to hot outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just a quick one is there any reason why a bronze pump cant be fitted to the hot outlet on an unvented with the secondary return, teeing into the cylinder cold feed with swept tee (cylinder has no secondary return tapping)

It will restrict the flow to the hot water outlet.
Have the pump on the return pipe work, pumping towards the cylinder.

read cylinder manufactures instructions but a non return valve may be required on cold feed to stop contamination of cold main

Cheers guys, I guess seeing as there is 2 cylinders in parallel (i.e they each have there own cold feed with cold water combination valves etc) that I can only put the bronze pump on one of the cylinders then? hence my idea was putting the bronze pump on the hw outlet just after the two hots (one from each cyl) tee together, then my secondary return would have tee'd back into each of the cylinders cold feeds with 2 swept tee's just before the cold inlets. Not to worry though, I can live with the secondary circulation only being on one cylinder!

Hope that makes sense.

Also theres a check valve on each of the cold water combination valves. I don't want another check valve where the bronze pump would go (last connection before cold inlet) as the tee off for the EV is just after cold combi valve.

Ahhh, I didn't read your post properly ME, late on a Friday and everything. I thought you were on about having the bronze pump actually inline on the cold inlet with the secondary return swept tee just before that. Left me wondering how it would be any more likely to reduce flow rate than it would be on hot outlet.

If the bronze pump is on the secondary return coming back I can then just tee it up coming out of the pump and take a return back to each cyl which then tee's into each cold inlet with swept tee's. :teeth_smile:

Which means no reduced flow as the cold inlet nor the hot outlet have a circulator to go though and I can have both cylinders on the secondary return.

Thanks for the help everyone. I feel silly now!

Last edited:
Also, I will fit check valve on secondary return just after the bronze pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bronze pump fitted to hot outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock