Search the forum,

Discuss british gas flushing scam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG Engineers are paid to do a good job

They get paid bonus's to offer best advise that can be translated into BG profits not works required by cusomer

it also says best advice in their contract of employment..

so i will disagree ..

Ive got this awful feeling that Iam going to get invited to a pool party at Micheal Barrymores courtesy of bg.

well if you want to defend bg so much,why did you leave?what did they do to upset you?

well if you want to defend bg so much,why did you leave?what did they do to upset you?

i dont need to slag them off there are lots of people doing that already ..
Mainly with facts that are not ture..
i am not here to back bg up but if i see a post where people are saying things that i donot think is ture then i will stand up for what i think is the truth

i left bg because i had to look after my daughter who was dieing and that came first before work.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old man has cover with BG(Homeplan 400 I think its called)(I live at his place as he only comes home about 2 weeks a year). We had a leak on 10mm microbore-15mm rad valve solder ring fitting, they came out put new valve on, cut pipe and put 10mm compression straight coupler inline. When I got home had a look and the microbore looked like a helter skelter, where they had twisted the pipe. The room stat didnt work, the hot water ran hot/cold/hot(valliant turbomax) they replaced the diverter valve.
I spoke to them after finding out his cover included plumbing, heating, wiring and drains.
They've since come back and replaced room stat(after not bothering until I told them that it must be covered), DHW heat exchanger(they said it wasn't covered). I said to them what is he paying for with a combi as per access to pipes, sludge, and scale exemption!
They didn't want to repair the twisted pipe as they said we'd have to break out wall/floor(concrete) and the rad was heating up ok.They're now coming back to fix but we have to make good (I said it was their cock up).

You may ask why haven't I repaired this(well its been covered for years before I got into plumbing, but when it's fixed my old mans cancelling the policy!!!)
By the way they quoted ÂŁ255 to fit a Magnaclean(I bought one from city plumbing ÂŁ80.

i dont need to slag them off there are lots of people doing that already ..
Mainly with facts that are not ture..
i am not here to back bg up but if i see a post where people are saying things that i donot think is ture then i will stand up for what i think is the truth
Fair play to you!

i left bg because i had to look after my daughter who was dieing and that came first before work.
Sorry to hear that.

My old man has cover with BG(Homeplan 400 I think its called)(I live at his place as he only comes home about 2 weeks a year). We had a leak on 10mm microbore-15mm rad valve solder ring fitting, they came out put new valve on, cut pipe and put 10mm compression straight coupler inline. When I got home had a look and the microbore looked like a helter skelter, where they had twisted the pipe. The room stat didnt work, the hot water ran hot/cold/hot(valliant turbomax) they replaced the diverter valve.
I spoke to them after finding out his cover included plumbing, heating, wiring and drains.
They've since come back and replaced room stat(after not bothering until I told them that it must be covered), DHW heat exchanger(they said it wasn't covered). I said to them what is he paying for with a combi as per access to pipes, sludge, and scale exemption!
They didn't want to repair the twisted pipe as they said we'd have to break out wall/floor(concrete) and the rad was heating up ok.They're now coming back to fix but we have to make good (I said it was their cock up).

You may ask why haven't I repaired this(well its been covered for years before I got into plumbing, but when it's fixed my old mans cancelling the policy!!!)
By the way they quoted ÂŁ255 to fit a Magnaclean(I bought one from city plumbing ÂŁ80.

ÂŁ80 but thats not fitted and i used to use 2 tubs of x100 when fitting a magnaclean so thats another ÂŁ30 .. ÂŁ145 labour for bg to fit it and then cover it and clean it every year .. a bargin i would say

upgrade engineers as they are called are normally the lowest preformers when it comes to selling and would not try and sell something while doing a powerflush from my experance..
i would love to look at all your perfect jobs as most plumbers and heating engineers are perfect:eek: i think not

I or no one on this site are saying plumbers ect a perfect,far from it,and the things Bg do are done by others,that is not the argument
The point is BG should be above this and should be an industry standard and they are far from it
Some things I have seen BG do , as regards selling unneeded works would make the worst gasp

I know you may feel attack is the bast form of defence however do not forget you are trying to argue your case against other engineers, not customers,we have seen BG in action,we have repaired their work correctly when they have power flushed and same fault remains,when they have long gone with their get out clause that they use saying 'you have to pay' but may not work

hows your daughter now ?

like i say my daughter was dieing ..

BG are not perfect and they do make mistakes but as a % i would say there better than most .. this is just my opinion after spending many years picking up the pieces after plumbers:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I or no one on this site are saying plumbers ect a perfect,far from it,and the things Bg do are done by others,that is not the argument
The point is BG should be above this and should be an industry standard and they are far from it
Some things I have seen BG do , as regards selling unneeded works would make the worst gasp

I know you may feel attack is the bast form of defence however do not forget you are trying to argue your case against other engineers, not customers,we have seen BG in action,we have repaired their work correctly when they have power flushed and same fault remains,when they have long gone with their get out clause that they use saying 'you have to pay' but may not work

i worked for BG for 20 years and i can honestly say that i have never tried to con anybody and i dont know of any engineer that goes out to con people ..if this was as common as people say then i would have seen it.. people make mistakes and i have advised a powerflush once for somebody thinking it was correct ,,not knowing that they had a non return valve under the floor that had just clogged up...we all make mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas flushing scam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock