Search the forum,

Discuss Brand New Install 28i Junior DHW Cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damon Apple

Installed yesterday worked perfectly ch and dhw, woke up this morning, ch is perfect but dhw cuts off after approx 2min 30 secs and requires reset which does nothing other than allow me to have dhw for a couple more mins.

Worcester comin out on Monday to have a look but do you guys have any ideas, I am totally stumped!

This is a BRAND NEW boiler...surely this should not be happening?

Installed yesterday worked perfectly ch and dhw, woke up this morning, ch is perfect but dhw cuts off after approx 2min 30 secs and requires reset which does nothing other than allow me to have dhw for a couple more mins.

Worcester comin out on Monday to have a look but do you guys have any ideas, I am totally stumped!

This is a BRAND NEW boiler...surely this should not be happening?
not your problem mate,don't worry and leave it to the pro's

yep they recone 1 in 5 doesnt work from new you could fit 20 and never have a problem or fit 5 and all be goosed hence why being gas safe is a good idea otherwise no gaurentee

I install this brand boiler everyday in other peoples homes with no issues yet when i install in my own home this happens..Arghhhhhh:81:

fitted a baxi 25 he the other day would not do a thing pcb bladdered guy in supliers swapped it for me ime a regular customer and have put loads of these in but that was the firs one that gave me a problem

As long as you've flushed it and added inhibitor you'll be ok

Flushed and added inhib and now drained off and reflushed...and wahey now i get dhw for 3 1/2 mins before cutout..arghhhhh

Anyone got any ideas regarding possible fault?

I meant as long as you have flushed the system and added inhibitor get Worcester out to sort it. It's under warranty. Don't go stripping it down or the warranty will go for a burton!

No wonder your boiler does not work , cos your a bg man :) lol ha-ha-ha

No disrespect , just wind up :)

:waving:Hahaha gud job i can take a joke....being NQE means i am constantly getting the mickey takin outta me at work..passing the acs was the easy part...Now the hard work begins i guess....

me, i am a bg installer

i think your doctor can give you some pills for this condition. :)

im sure the worcester engineer will sus it in no time. I had a baxi engineer out this week to a duotec 2, he said its the thingy on the board and left saying he would be back in a few days with a new one. Its been 3 days now and no sign of him :(

So what your saying is if the worcester engineer arrives i have to lock all the doors and windows until hes fixed it?

Worcester are not what they used to be
They have to many cheap tacky clips and flimsy bits and that's not to mention the plastic

:willy_nilly:WAHEYYYY:willy_nilly:

Bit of a strange one this.....I decided to go back into service mode...I rechecked the gas rate for the ch and the dhw, checked the inlet..all checked as should...Then I opened the dhw at the sink whilst in service mode(which clearly states in the commisioning booklet...cough cough i must have missed that one...And..........after 10 mins..

It works perfectly!!:willy_nilly:
I have no idea why....tbh the only different thing i did was not open the dhw tap during original commissioning whilst in service mode..but...why was it all working perfectly the night before????

Should I cancel the Worcester Engineer or should I let him come along just incase?
If it resets again over the weekend guys i will let ya all kno bout it,...Right im off for a bath:icon10:

seems a bit like an intermittent fault to me, i would get the worcester guy out and explain what has been happening you shouldnt be having any problems

you say you fitted it in your own home, do you have your own gs registration ? i dont know how the warranty works with it being in your own home but i would imagine theyd try anything to get out of warranty fix.

ive had faulty gas valves buggered pcb's etc with new worcesters latest was a dom thermister in a 37 cdi
I guess if they are going to be duff then they just will
must addmit i stopped fitting Aristons after 3 in a row didnt work out the box and Im not going to mention Ideal nooo no way
could be a blockage in dom heat exchanger causing circuit to over heat but like said before just let worcester sort it

shame you never had your own Gs number as worcester would of gave you ÂŁ150 back for installing in your own home

Already been quizzed by em when i registered over the phone ...And im saying to them, no i work for bg but i am not going to pay any third party to install my boiler am i??? cmon..

So i will ring em in the morning to discuss the intermittent fault see if they gonna check it out or just leave it and see what happens..
I should still be eligable for that ÂŁ150 cashback surely..Im gonna quiz that cheers guys..

can you use your bg gas safe number to enter the plumbers arms,according to you you were drawing y plans at college on the last day of 2011,to have gone from that to been fully qualified in two month you deserve an mbe,if i'm wrong sorry

can you use your bg gas safe number to enter the plumbers arms,according to you you were drawing y plans at college on the last day of 2011,to have gone from that to been fully qualified in two month you deserve an mbe,if i'm wrong sorry
sorry not an mbe. a bafta, thats an acting award in it ,yeah ,you deserve a bafta.

sorry not an mbe. a bafta, thats an acting award in it ,yeah ,you deserve a bafta.

I am not FULLY QUALIFIED I am NEWLY QUALIFIED....Passed the ACS...Work full time for BG as an Installer in the South East...
I still have alot to learn...I accept that....this is my 2nd year with BG.

Calm down its only banter
ps. is that your split screen ?

I wish it was...I am hopin to buy a camper this summer but not enough in the piggy bank for a splitty yet lol...

Did Desrob get his 1000 post tekin the mick outta me lol

Not enough in the piggy when your installing for BG ?
its my turn now lol
I had a 1500 beetle sloping front , 57 I think + 6 volt with a factory sliding sunroof in my youth. It was my pride and joy

you will get your self in trouble if you are PAYE to bg and GSR using there number , install out of there work (doing your own work ) !

Seriously..this was my own boiler in my own home!!!

I am not going to pay any third party to install my own boiler when i am competent to do this myself.
As for the cash back offer i understand that this is probably only for self employed persons with there own business but i am gonna apply for it any ways, nothing ventured nothing gained, If they say no ive lost nothing other than the price of a stamp and an envelope.

I do not go round doing my own work using BG reg number....!

Seriously..this was my own boiler in my own home!!!

I am not going to pay any third party to install my own boiler when i am competent to do this myself.
As for the cash back offer i understand that this is probably only for self employed persons with there own business but i am gonna apply for it any ways, nothing ventured nothing gained, If they say no ive lost nothing other than the price of a stamp and an envelope.

I do not go round doing my own work using BG reg number....!
you live in carlisle and work the south east...c'mon, have you seen the film pinocchio....it's good.

you cant do work under your company registration if its not during work, why would you try and register it under your bg number? doubt worcester would know any different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Worcester Bosch come out today after all? I wondered what the outcome was... nobody likes an open ended thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brand New Install 28i Junior DHW Cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for a while worked and then stopped again. I looked at it when got home and when run water boilersstarts up, temp rises and then it cuts out. Same with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock