Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30 Cdi Combi loss of CH & HW -overheating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for a while worked and then stopped again. I looked at it when got home and when run water boilersstarts up, temp rises and then it cuts out. Same with CH. Reset and same thing happens
Plumber came round checked pump - working, he fiddled around and worked that night and didn't in the morning - same problem.

He spoke to Worcester who advised new Pcb - replaced today and still no joy. Then advised to clean system, using X800. Currently trying to run through CH system - CH runs for about 3 mins until temp gets to 70ish degrees and cuts out, cools to 30 degrees and starts up again. Repeat ad nauseam. Can get HW now but only if not too warm.

Any advice/insights for an increasing cold family would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

PS Forgot to say upstairs rads are warmish at the mo, ground floor tepid and basement stone cold

It sounds like the pump isn’t 100% tbh the pcbs are pretty bullet proof I change a few pumps a year

It sounds like the pump isn’t 100% tbh the pcbs are pretty bullet proof I change a few pumps a year

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.
I've now got a new pump, but all the online instructions i can find only refer to replacing the pump head. Would i be right in assuming this is the only bit i should replace or should i be replacing the plastic assembly at the back that connects to the rest of the boiler as well? Obvs replacing only the pump head seems a lot easier than replacing the whole thing.
Cheers

Yes you can replace just the pump head

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30 Cdi Combi loss of CH & HW -overheating in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock