Discuss Bottom outlet toilet pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flushed away

Hi this is my 1st post here. Have looked in archives but not found exact answer. 1930's downstairs toilet with low flush, plastic cistern and connecting pipe. Would like to change to close coupled toilet. Have found Twyfords Alcona bottom outlet but no one has one to view. Has anyone had experience fitting one of these ?
Spoke to Twyfords but not too helpful, said its a continental unit and hardly used over here.
Centre line is 205mm from wall which is exactly same as Alcona. I need to know how easy it is to remove the raised collar around the existing outlet without breaking the pipe. Can it be left flush to the floor to take a std short pan coupler, or will it need digging down. I think from the data sheet the outlet pipe is just above floor level. Is the width of the base enough to accommodate the coupler. Do you agree this is the best solution rather than building out behind the cistern of a horizontal outlet pan with an angled coupler.
Also would the water connection to this cistern be straightforward as its classed as continental? I assume it comes in at the bottom ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

PS tried to attach pic but says i do not have permission.

thanks,

The collars are usually sealed with lead or putty.
You could ended up having to break it out.
You'll know then what your up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bottom outlet toilet pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock