Discuss Boiler will not relight when hot - Halstead ACE HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jubbs

I have recently had a new Halstead ACE HE24 combi boiler fitted which has a fault.

The boiler will heat up the radiators and then stop heating when the water gets to the temperature set by the thermostat. But when it tries to relight 10 - 15 minutes later it fails and displays the number 3 (in the manual it states that this can be an indication of low gas pressure but the plumber is convinced that the gas pressure is ok - measured @ 2.7 m3/hr at installation).

The boiler will not relight until it and the radiators have cooled down and the pressure on the gauge is back to approximately 1.5 bar. To relight it, I then have to turn the dial to the reset position & then back to the temperature setting.

The plumber who installed it has came out twice to fix it, but both attempts have been unsuccessful. The part which produces the spark has been replaced and we have tried plugging it in to a number of different electrical sockets just in case the socket it was originally plugged into had reverse polarity or a bad earth.

I have also emailed Halstead's Service department and will update the thread if I get a useful reply.

Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated and I will forward any advice to the Gas Safe registered plumber who originally installed the boiler.

Jubbs :)

Your appliance is under warranty and therefore a manufacturers problem. Give them a call and they'll get someone out ASAP... Best that no one messes with it as it may invalidate your warranty, in my opinion :)

Thanks for your reply.

I wrote an email to the manufactures & they have called me to arrange an engineer to come and have a look at it.

Thanks

The bit where you mention 2.7m3 per hour is the gas rate, not the gas pressure.

So the pressure could be low due to maybe a faulty meter governor

Keep us updated as to what happens

Is this boiler fitted with "upper water pressure switch" ie the pressure goes past 2.7bar and it cuts off? I'm sure I've had this on a few ferrolis b4. If that is the case the expansion vessel will no doubt need pumped up. It's not uncommon for them to come flat straight out the box considering they could be sat in a warehouse for a yr or so

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler will not relight when hot - Halstead ACE HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock