Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler power control tripping the RCD at the consumer unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help. The boiler on/off switch keeps tripping the RCD on the consumer unit.

The RCD just tripped, it also controls all the ring circuit but I have managed to narrow it down to the on/off switch to the boiler.

I did change the 3 amp fuse and the boiler started for about 15 seconds and just tripped again. I have checked the connections on the switch and they all seem fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Paul

Just pop down to your bank and arrange to remortgage your house.......should cover the initial call out at least!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler power control tripping the RCD at the consumer unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Morning all, Can a towel rail thats been converted to Duel fuel trip the boiler RDC. We have just had a new radiator fitted and it's heated by heating system and a heat element via T-piece. we only have the electric element turned on with both valves open if the electric element is on can...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Hi guys My ideal isar went dead on Friday I came home and the consumer unit had tripped the downstairs sockets, I tried to reset it but instant trip again..when I turned off the spur to the boiler I was able to reset the unit. If I try turn on the boiler spur it just trips the unit instantly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock