Discuss Boiler making banging noises after draining/refilling system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sha256

Hi Guys

I had to drain down my system to do some joints and fit in a new radiator. All went swimmingly. I refilled the system and drained the air from the rads which went fine. But there is a problem with the boiler, every time it tries to heat the water the boiler makes a banging noise. I suspect air somewhere in the boiler itself, any advice in this regards would be much appreciated.

I have a Bosch 24i greenstar combi boiler that was installed under a year ago.

You need a gsr in to vent the boiler. Ridiculous I know but it's illegal to remove the case on that unless you are gsr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler making banging noises after draining/refilling system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Greenstar 4000 30KW combi boiler, and am planning to partially drain down the system to move a radiator. There is a blue lever ("keyless...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
My radiators make a bang noise every now and then. Doesn't seem to be a particular radiator instead it will be 1 radiator and then some time later...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock