Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Installation sign off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ripped out a one pipe system and installed new piping and new rads throughout my property and have just carried out a 48 hr pressure test without any faults. I am now at the point where I can get the boiler installed. My question is this, I will be getting in a Gas registered fitter to actually install the boiler and electrics and would like to know if I will run into problems getting him to sign it off as I have heard that they can only sign off their own work (which makes sense). So really my question is, is a Gas certificate for the boiler itself or is it for the boiler, pipework and rads. Thanks in advance.

just make sure the work you have done meets the current regs and your engineer does all the gas pipework, and boiler installation. The system will need to be commissioned by the engineer and benchmark filled out.

a Gas cert. is only for the gas appliance and gas pipework, so asuming you've not touched the gas pipe, your engineer will give you a certificate for the boiler and gas pipework but any garuntee he gives will only be for his work not yours

your 48 hour test, what pressure did you subject your pipework to ? hope it wasnt too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Installation sign off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock