Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Condense Pipe Into Top Of Wash. Machine Standpipe - Is It Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's Broag Remeha Avanta combi is in the Kitchen. The plastic condense pipe from boiler is run in 21.5mm overflow pipe. When it gets to the top of an unused washing machine standpipe, it just hooks over the edge of the top of the standpipe with an elbow and short length of overflow pipe into top of stand pipe.

This means that there is a gap around the condense pipe where it goes into standpipe. Is this safe? If the trap in the boiler dried out, would fumes then enter the kitchen? Is the trap in boiler likely to dry out in summer? Obviously there won't be any ch on, but hot water is regularly used for showers, etc.

I've personally never seen a condensate trap dry out in a lived in house, have a look at the MI's but i certainly wouldn't class it as ID :)

Gas safe pulled me on this, it's not a massive issue as it's massively unlikely the boiler condense trap will dry out so your engineer was ok to install it like that, although it is 'preferable' to install it after a trap rather than before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Condense Pipe Into Top Of Wash. Machine Standpipe - Is It Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Washing machine standpipe issues So I moved into an old house and the laundry area just has this standpipe sticking out of the floor. Cannot access crawlspace to see if there's any type of trap under the floor. We believe the pipe just makes a 90° turn under floor to meet up with other drain...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock