Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Condense Pipe Into Top Of Wash. Machine Standpipe - Is It Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's Broag Remeha Avanta combi is in the Kitchen. The plastic condense pipe from boiler is run in 21.5mm overflow pipe. When it gets to the top of an unused washing machine standpipe, it just hooks over the edge of the top of the standpipe with an elbow and short length of overflow pipe into top of stand pipe.

This means that there is a gap around the condense pipe where it goes into standpipe. Is this safe? If the trap in the boiler dried out, would fumes then enter the kitchen? Is the trap in boiler likely to dry out in summer? Obviously there won't be any ch on, but hot water is regularly used for showers, etc.

I've personally never seen a condensate trap dry out in a lived in house, have a look at the MI's but i certainly wouldn't class it as ID :)

Gas safe pulled me on this, it's not a massive issue as it's massively unlikely the boiler condense trap will dry out so your engineer was ok to install it like that, although it is 'preferable' to install it after a trap rather than before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Condense Pipe Into Top Of Wash. Machine Standpipe - Is It Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock