Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine standpipe issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Washing machine standpipe issues

So I moved into an old house and the laundry area just has this standpipe sticking out of the floor. Cannot access crawlspace to see if there's any type of trap under the floor. We believe the pipe just makes a 90° turn under floor to meet up with other drain pipes under bathroom about 6 feet away. We pulled the stand pipe up taller, but the HE washer is too high powered when draining and splitters out the top of the standpipe.

So a couple questions. Should I add a p-trap to this standpipe? Should I also pipe in a utility sink so it could handle the washer drainage? And can I add a AAV pipe (because this is either unvented or somehow connected to bathroom vent pipe across room)?

Attachments

• laundry1-1.jpg
    laundry1-1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 14
You’d know if that had no trap as the smells would be a dead giveaway.

If the drain hose splutters from the top of the pipe the easiest solution would be to source a spigot to be installed at the top of the pipe, you’d then attach the drain hose onto the spigot and secure it with a jubilee clip.

Reply to Washing machine standpipe issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock