Discuss Blocked drain? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

Hi everyone,

Whats the best way to check if the drain is blocked. I got called to a school with a sink that wouldn't drain. I took off the bottle trap and it was full of sand. Cleaned it put it back on and now it still doesnt drain. Took it off again checked it, still not draining. Theres an slight bad smell also in a few rooms near the sink. They wouldnt let me lift the man hole covers as it was polling day and people walking around so have to go back in a few days and check it. Whats the best way to make sure of this? Theres no other sinks etc near this one, otherwise I would have run it and seen if it is running in the man hole, but its just a cleaners sink by the look of it.

Cheers :)

Best way as you say is to lift manhole covers!

They obviously aren't that bothered about it if they wouldn't let you lift covers to inspect. It is an environmental health issue but that obviously doesn't bother them.

Make sure you charge them for all visits you make, it's not your problem they didn't want it investigated properly on initial visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked drain? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but...
Replies
Views
Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back