Search the forum,

Discuss Blade Runner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant film and I get to watch it on the new 50" plasma HD TV I treated myself to in the sales!

yeah its 2007, not seen this yet, only first release

Just sky plussed it cause I'm watching the darts. Never seen the first, and haven't seen this one either. Infact never heard of it till you mentioned it. If its rubbish ill be invoicing you for two hours of my time :)

Just sky plussed it cause I'm watching the darts. Never seen the first, and haven't seen this one either. Infact never heard of it till you mentioned it. If its rubbish ill be invoicing you for two hours of my time :)
if you lke sify you will, its shot in a very atmospheric way, am sure you will like it. tuff if ya dont :)

time to die

I hear Ridley Scott's making Blade Runner 2 at last, been waiting years for that to happen. :)

Still can't beat a plasma. What's your budget and viewing requirements?

2k, the ultimate viewing experience lol, thote led and oled was better than plasma, clearer

Like everything it depends on budget.

Contrast - plasma every time. Better black.

Viewing angle - plasma

Motion blur/speed - plasma

Colour/brightness - up in the air that one

Power usage - LCD hands down. Plasma is juice hungry

Lifespan - LCD

Will you notice the difference between a 2k plasma and LCD. IMHO yes, but many wont.

My plasma is (Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090) over six years old now and I still haven't seen a better LCD.

I kept meaning to watch this. Now I know why I never bothered before. It's based on Phillip K Dick's book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Dreadful book.

Sean Young's a nice distraction. But not enough.

I'm out.

I too have upgraded to a LCD 42" 1080HD blah blah...and yes the picture quality is great but I wouldn't say its a HUGE leap forward from non HD. Bought my first Blu-ray disk today and played it through my PS3, again not that much different from DVD's really. Its not as big a difference as it was from VHS to DVD lets say.

Also is it true the BBC HD channel only broadcasts in 720?

Professor Brian Cox is so clever he doesn't need 3D glasses to watch a 3D film. :bigear:

As someone who dabbles in home cinema installs on the side, and having seen MANY new tvs, I can honestly say you can't beat the new Panasonic smart viera TX WT range. They're just stunning. Forget samsung and LG. The panas only competition is the sony bravias and they're expensive and not as good to look at. Sony also have a lot of stupid copyright niggles that annoy me.

Try to get a good deal on a pana in the sales. Or you could go for their new 3D projector at ÂŁ3.5k, which is literally like having a HD cinema in your house. Unbelievable.

Plasma is no longer the be all and end all. In fact, the cons outweigh the very minor pros.

All HD TV transmissions are in 720p, the only format that carries full 1080p is blu-ray. And BBC HD is generally the best HD picture of all the channels.

Sorry but I don't think you can beat a high end plasma if you want (and are willing to pay for) the best...

always disliked this film! original was n't great but the 'directors cut' without the voiceover was unbearably boring.

great cinematography though but just not enough happening

Yeah. Did a job for a bloke, fitted 3 42" pana TX's in his mansion, last thing to arrive on site was a glorious B&O tv that cost 8K. But honestly, how can one 42" tv be worth ÂŁ6,000 more than another? It's just stupid money for those with too much of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blade Runner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
J
Hi all, My boiler is Remeha avanta ace 28c - Avanta Ace - The Feeling of Warmth - Remeha - https://www.remeha.nl/product/avanta-ace It's 1 year old, and since I'm away for a few weeks I set it to 'frost protection' mode. This morning I woke up to a 'low water pressure' warning 0.8 bar, and since...
Replies
Views
Joey T
J
Hi, I recently opened the packaging of a new wood cutting semicircular cutter for my Dewalt multicutter tool. As I was recycling the packaging, I came across this black piece of metal taped to the card in the packaging. I have no idea what it is for and the impression I get is that I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls, the fan on my Heatslave 20/25 doesn't start, I've had look and cleaned fuel filters etc and everything that should be clean is clean, fan blades have been cleaned and it moves freely by hand. When I try the boiler I can only hear the ignition clicks. I'm thinking I will need...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock