Search the forum,

Discuss Black plastic water pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Hope I’m posting in the right place!
I have a leaking water supply pipe in my house which is an unfamiliar type for me. It is a black plastic pipe with glued joints about 15mm diameter, which supplies our upstairs bathroom. See photo.
the house was built around 1971 but there have been extensions so I’m not sure if it’s from the original build. Most of the pipes in the house are copper.
Any thoughts on what this is and where I can find compatible pipe and fittings to fix it most appreciated.
thanks

Attachments

• 18EB33D2-790A-47D1-AC0F-B9FE8CFC31F4.jpeg
    18EB33D2-790A-47D1-AC0F-B9FE8CFC31F4.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 21
Rip out and re pipe as it will snap if you work by it

Thanks, hadn’t heard of polyorc before but that certainly makes sense. Unfortunately ripping it out could be a major problem as it disappears under the ground and may go beneath a concrete floor, so I’ll have to try to fix it I think. What’s best for cutting them? Hacksaw?

Yep, hacksaw best for cutting. Not sure about the pipesize tbh, I just know most of our properties (where I work) are 15mm or 22mm.

Reply to Black plastic water pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock