Discuss Black plastic water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Hope I’m posting in the right place!
I have a leaking water supply pipe in my house which is an unfamiliar type for me. It is a black plastic pipe with glued joints about 15mm diameter, which supplies our upstairs bathroom. See photo.
the house was built around 1971 but there have been extensions so I’m not sure if it’s from the original build. Most of the pipes in the house are copper.
Any thoughts on what this is and where I can find compatible pipe and fittings to fix it most appreciated.
thanks

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
Rip out and re pipe as it will snap if you work by it

Thanks, hadn’t heard of polyorc before but that certainly makes sense. Unfortunately ripping it out could be a major problem as it disappears under the ground and may go beneath a concrete floor, so I’ll have to try to fix it I think. What’s best for cutting them? Hacksaw?

Yep, hacksaw best for cutting. Not sure about the pipesize tbh, I just know most of our properties (where I work) are 15mm or 22mm.

Thanks Aquarius. Big help. Looking online, both the 1/2” and 3/8” seem to indicate about 17mm OD, so I’ve just had to order both to be sure!

Reply to Black plastic water pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

New Threads

Some Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSTumi
Back