Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss black plastic incoming mains pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i have a leak to goto on an icoming mains which is made of a black plastic!! does anyone know what this stuff is and where can i get fittings for it??? looks to be around 22mm....never seen the stuff before!!

It will probably be 20 mm so just use standard 20 mm fitting

if its the mains coming from the road to the house it will be the old imperial stuff slightly diffrent size from the blue mdpe and you can get fittings to step down to it from city plumbing or other mechants if its from your stop tap and goes round the house its likely to be poly york which is a pain and you need special fittings for it, similar to lead locs you might get them on the net

You can get the Philmac universal coupling which fits all.

Its the incoming mains from the road upto the stop tap. So any 20mm fitting will do?? Thanks lads.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

The original alkathene pipe for underground mains was coloured black, but as this was also the colour for electricity cables it was changed for both safety and identification purposes.

You can get the Philmac universal coupling which fits all.
I suggested one of these the other day and was disagreed because they are big and ugly.
But they are the best thing since sliced bread in my book

I suggested one of these the other day and was disagreed because they are big and ugly.
But they are the best thing since sliced bread in my book
That they are and no uglier than a big and ugly plastic pushfit fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to black plastic incoming mains pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock