Discuss Bidet showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plouasne

This add, by google, beside the plumbing page, caught my eye,

Mini showers| Fm £9.95 |Bidet Sprayers | douche Bidet sprays

In my humble opinion these contraptions do not comply with the regulations as they are shown

What would a plumber do if asked to fit such a device

1) Fit the device and just do nothing else to comply with the regs

2) Explain to the client that to comply with the regulations, it would involve a lot of extra work

3) Refuse to fit the device and walk away from the job

Did you see the Product info section?

[DLMURL="http://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/Prod_info.html"]Bidet-Shower.co.uk Product Information[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see the Product info section?

[DLMURL="http://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/Prod_info.html"]Bidet-Shower.co.uk Product Information[/DLMURL]

I did and its just the makers get out, like smoking kills on *** packets

[each comes with 1.2 mtr hose fit into the toilet supply, with a "Tee"]

Joe Bloggs thinks that he's a plumber sees this, thinks that's a good idea, goes by the instructions, cuts a "T" into the cold service for the w/c, as per the instructions without any airbreak or non-return valves

Looking on the black side now what's to stop him giving half the town Cholera, if after having a dump he is washing his backside, and there's a backsyphonage and hes a silent carrier of the disease

I would class to be a category 5 situation and require a complete air break not just non-return valves

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bidet showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back