Currently reading:
Biasi..Any good?

Discuss Biasi..Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tibbs

Had a really good price from a qualified plumber to fit a Biasi 32HE. Says it gives really good DHW performance+ reasonably priced parts and reliable. Having been recommended umpteen boilers from all sources i`m struggling to know whats best for me and not necessarily the plumber. I seem to be getting good and bad about all boilers and it seems more to do with the quality of the installation rather than the make of boiler. Am i right in this or is this boiler c*** as well? Cheers in advance.

Stay away from Glowworm. I take it you are on a tight budget? Worcester is the best in my opinion (others will disagree). Vaillant is good and Baxi is good.

Stay away from Glowworm. I take it you are on a tight budget? Worcester is the best in my opinion (others will disagree). Vaillant is good and Baxi is good.
Not down to a tight budget its just that all the boilers mentioned seemed to have good and bad reps so am reluctant to pay top dollar then have probs. Prob looking for a good mid priced range one with plentiful, inexpensive spare parts and a competent installation. If the priciest ones were that much better then why no decent warranty??

want good but reasonable price?baxi duotec baxi 105 he or its twin potterton performa 150 of these fitted that says it all realy

I can only speak from experience, so would say, if you fit a Worcester and it breaks down in the first 5 (at least) years you will be unlucky or was not set up properly. All installers have their favorite boiler, some based on ease of fitting, some based on past experiance, some based on how much they can get it from the merchant and some just dont care. At least youve decided not to get an Ideal or Biasi........

I can only speak from experience, so would say, if you fit a Worcester and it breaks down in the first 5 (at least) years you will be unlucky or was not set up properly. All installers have their favorite boiler, some based on ease of fitting, some based on past experiance, some based on how much they can get it from the merchant and some just dont care. At least youve decided not to get an Ideal or Biasi........
Think it ll be the Baxi Duotec 33. Plebty established companies round here fit these so fingers crossed. Thanks to all for the advice.

Think it ll be the Baxi Duotec 33. Plebty established companies round here fit these so fingers crossed. Thanks to all for the advice.
in the registered gas engineer mag it says something about worcester officially being the most reliable boilers on the market now

Thought id ask about popular/good boilers at the local independent merchants this morning over a nice cup of coffee. The consensus was that Baxi 105 are carp (the merchant likes them as he sells loads of parts) The Worcester 28i Greenstar Jnr is the most sold and popular. For working on (i.e repairs) the Vaillant was best.
Conclusion:-
Worcester the best- Vaillant close second. Not my opinion but that of others. Unfortunately i did have some work to do today so the study wasnt conclusive.

but the 105 has been with us for 14 years its bound to be creaking a bit my experience of the 105 is they are very reliable and well liked,and the 150 performas i have fitted speak for them selves bloody things dont go wrong [not always good]remember the performa is a 105!but baxi had to mess dident they they brought out the instant which is crap trouble is people think they are the same which they are not 105,performa,main 30he,24he,=excellent 105 instant,performa i,main i =crap

value for money and a5yr warranty (that actualy works) you will go a long way to find any boiler that gives the flow rate for the money independent installer

really....................................... I don't think you will find many in agreement on here, took 5 years for anyone to come out with that comment..........:)

I went on the training course purely so that I could learn how to fix them I don't get called out to ones that are working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi..Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back