Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi system boiler is begining to not work! Intermitently... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I've a Baxi system boiler feeding my DHW and CH. It's a sealed system. two channel programmer, valves, etc. Essentially an S-plan set-up. I came in the other day and there was no hot water. It is timed for an hr a day through the programmer so there is always a tank of hot water. So went out to check and the red warning light is flashing (which usually means low pressure or pump fault according to the documentation). Pressure was at half a bar so topped it up to 1.5 bar. Then tried to reset boiler but no joy. Took the cover off and thought there might be air in pump so bled that via the little bleed valve (I saw a boiler guy do it once) but still no joy. So, killed all power to it for a few minutes and put power back on. Hit boost for the CH and it worked again. I thought it was just down to low pressure and needed to reset itself. Sorted!

That was about three days ago and yesterday the problem arose again. There was good pressure on the gauge so I've no real idea what to do. I went through the above procedure again and it then seemed to work, again. I'm not confident what is making it work again though.

And now today, it is back again!!! I've checked the electrics and the signal to the boiler is there.

Can anyone help me as to where to go from here on a fault finding basis? I'm not half bad with my own plumbing so would like to have a go before I have to call someone out. If anyone needs more info please ask.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

You need to check that the motorised valves are working correctly and that the pump is sound, no water in electrics etc. Failing that, everything else involves looking inside the boiler which you will require a RGI to look at I'm afraid.

You need to check that the motorised valves are working correctly and that the pump is sound, no water in electrics etc. Failing that, everything else involves looking inside the boiler which you will require a RGI to look at I'm afraid.

Thanks for that. How exactly do I check the valves? the little light is working on them when you cal for heating or hot water.

I've had the panel off the front of the boiler and the electrics seem dry and all in tact. As in, I had a non-contact voltage tester on the electrical points and the signal is going to the switched live when called for.

What Baxi is it? You really need to check the voltage with a multimeter. If the boiler is flashing a fault light then it's going to be that at fault though tbh. Think you're going to have to call an engineer in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi system boiler is begining to not work! Intermitently... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock