Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi Solo HE A Boiler Not Working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ConfusedTenant

Hi all, I am probably in the wrong forum but I am having a major problem with my boiler. I have a Baxi Solo HE A - and today it just will not turn on. I have checked the fuses and they and the programmer are working fine. I really dont know what to do. I am a private tenant (as far as I am aware this means that i cant legally call anyone out??) but I havent heard from my landlord for about 4 years and he does not pick up the phone. I have been in contact with the council but they dont want to get involved because I am a private tenant!! He is a fairly neglegent landlord as he hasnt been sending anyone round to do the annual boiler checks well ever - again the council dont care.. anyway before I get into a rant - is there anything else that I can do to try and make it work as its pretty cold.

Landlord will be in touch pretty quick if he doesn't get the rent

I have threatened to cut the rent before under the legal guidance of the C.A.B but they were extremely reticent about me just doing it off my own back - and I wouldnt be able to get an appointment with them this short notice - plus the rent has already gone for this month :(

If you write by registered post, or email with a read report, and get no response (not sure of the waiting time allowed), you can get the boiler repaired and deduct it from the rent, if you stop paying rent the landlord can have you evicted, people on here wont give you any technical advice for your own safety.
As said, Gas Safe Register will write to the landlord re the landlords safety checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your boiler hasn't been checked then its probably wise not to use it at all, so it may be a blessing in disguise if its not working.

Speak to your landlord though, he has a duty if care to uphold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo HE A Boiler Not Working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
I have an older Baxi Solo 18 HE condensing boiler which is working fine. It’s very basic with a boiler temperature control. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock